Star Lounger
    Thanks

visual basic error message (2003)

I'm getting and error message that occurs when some users try to run some macros that have not been modified in some time. I'm having trouble figuring out why this is. Basically the message I'm getting is "Compile Error: Can't find project or Library" I have no problems running these macros and don't seem to get the error message but others are having the issue. Below is a small sample of some basic visual basic where I'm getting the error.

Dim Test as String
    Dim NS As String
    Test = "Woody's Lounge"
    NS = Left(Test,7)

I would expect this to tell me NS is equal to Woody's but the macro keeps causing and error at the function Left, giving others the message that it can't find the project or library. Others are also having the problem with other macros where there are variables where I have not define the data type such as declaring it a string, long, integer, date etc..

Any suggestions on what I can try to help resolve these errors would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: visual basic error message (2003)

This is usually caused by a problem with references.

You'll have to check this on a PC / under a user account where the error message appears.
    - Open the offending workbook.
    - Select Tools | Macro | Visual Basic Editor... (or press Alt+F11).
    - Select Tools | References...

Is there a reference among the checked ones at the top that begins with MISSING? If so, that is the culprit.
    You can try clearing the check box for all references that begin with MISSING. Then select Debug | Compile <projectname> to see whether the code is now valid.
    If you get a message about an undefined type, you'll have to select Tools | References... again and tick the check box for the relevant library.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: visual basic error message (2003)

Hans - Thanks for the advice. I'll give this a try and see if I can get it to work. Thanks again!!