New Lounger

Outlook 2003 Crashing after power outage (2003)

I have had an issue with Outlook 2003 crashing every time it is launched after a power outage. I have tried uninstalling and installing just Outlook as well as all of Office and have had the same problem. I have moved/renamed the .pst file and it still crashes on launch. Accessing Control Panel > Mail > E-Mail Accounts causes a Run a DLL as an APP error and closes the window.

Both Outlook 2003 and the Run a DLL as an APP error seem to point to msmapi32.dll as the issue. I have tried Fixmapi.exe, but when double clicking the file or running it out of a command line nothing appears to happen. I have tried copying over msmapi32.dll from another computer that has a functioning Outlook program and the error still persisted.

I created a new local user account and was able to start outlook but once I entered in the information for the Exchange server I wish to connect to, Outlook again crashed citing msmpai32.dll as the problem. When I delete the profiles under Control Panel > Mail you can again get to the point where you can enter in the information for the Exchange server connection and the Outlook once again crashes. Creating a second profile only allows you to select which profile you wish to use then Outlook crashes under any profile you select.

Outlooks' safe mode does not work nor does the detect and repair feature.

I am out of ideas for now. I am attaching a picture of the error message I am receiving when Outlook is crashing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Outlook 2003 Crashing after power outage (2003)

You could try the following:
    - Quit all Office applications.
    - Rename msmapi32.dll (in C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMapi1033, where 1033 may vary, it depends on your language) to for example msmapi32.old.
    - Either start Outlook 2003 (it should repair itself), or repair Office 2003 from the Add or Remove Programs control panel. Have your Office 2003 CD at hand.