5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Comparing Opera with Firefox 3 (Firefox 3.05)

Hello I'm still using Firefox 2.0.0.20 but am aware that it won't be updated anymore. I don't like Firefox 3:

a) The add Bookmark dialogue is fixed and doesn't seem to retain the five last used locations

The Duplicate Bookmarks Extension is more limited than with version 2. With Firefox 2 if I try to add a duplicate bookmark I get the option to move the original or add a duplicate. The option to move the original is not present with Firefox 3.

c) I don't like the "Awesome" Address bar

I've been wondering about trying out Opera. Does anyone use it. Can anyone tell me:

a) Does Opera have something equivalent to Adblock and Noscript?
    Is it possible to duplicate a tab by clicking on it?
    c) How Opera deals with duplicate bookmarks?
    d) How does Opera handle bookmarks compared with Firefox
    e) Can different users share the same profile?

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Thanks

Re: Comparing Opera with Firefox 3 (Firefox 3.05)

I have Opera for checking site compatibility, but I don't use it enough to trick it out with Opera "Widgets" (similar to Firefox extensions).

Regarding your point a), you may recall that the dialog does retain the last used locations from this thread: Firefox Save Bookmark dialogue (Firefox 3.0.4).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comparing Opera with Firefox 3 (Firefox 3.05)

Thanks for the reply, I searched through Opera widgets and came to the conclusion that they won't help me customise Opera as I would like to. Regarding Firefox 3's recent bookmark locations perhaps I'm missing something or not describing properley what I have now, but it doesn't seem to be as useful. I guess I'll stick with Firefox 2 until a judgement call places it as too much of a security risk. Perhaps by the, the extensions for Firefox 3 will be better.

Chris