5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for program

I'm looking for a way for our customers to be able to log in to our web page and enter a name and password and view notes that we've entered regarding service visits we've made and other details. Preferably we'd like to be able to have it do much more than that (like text or email the customer when updated, etc.).

Is this hard to set up or any programs out that that would make this possible?

Thanks!

P.S. I do have a way to pw protect multiple directories, but not sure what to put there. Would like an easy way to enter data for a secretary to do without knowing html.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Looking for program

Have you tried, or looked at, Google Groups?

When you create a group you set the permissions so that you only allow those you want to post to the group. Then you invite those people.

Downside is that they all have to have Gmail addresses to log in.

Johanna

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Check out FogBugz - Project Management Software. It may be overkill for what you need. It is web based and not terribly expensive.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll have to look further at the Fog... thing and see if it could be something to implement. Interesting.

I do not want Goggle Groups as each customer needs to have their own page, so it'd be 700 individual groups. That'd be messy to try and manage.

I can set up individual logins with pw's, but I'd have to start from scratch on the design. Looking for something snazzy that someone has already developed hopefully. don't' mind spending a one-time fee of a couple of hundred if necessary.

Anything else anyone has seen or used?

--KZ