New Lounger
    Thanks

1st attempt at fillable form (Word 2003)

This is my first attempt at creating a fillable form. Is there a way other than drawing a text box around each form field to put a line under each field. Also, I did figure out how to limit the size of the form field but I noticed in testing that if the person presses enter rather than tab to move to the next field, it moves everything out of place. They can't edit my typing but they add lines. I have attached the form and am open to any and all suggestions.
    Is there a way to create a drop-down list where more than item from the list can be selected?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 1st attempt at fillable form (Word 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

1) You could select a form field (while the document is unprotected) and click the Underline button on the Formatting toolbar to create a line under the form field.

2) You can make the Enter key behave like the Tab key in a protected form but that requires a lot of Visual Basic code, which may be problematic, since it requires users to enable macros in the document.
    See How to code the ENTER key to move between form fields in a protected form in Word for details.

If you don't want to use macros, you can place all form fields in table cells and set the height of the rows of the table to Exactly a specified amount. This won't prevent users from pressing Enter and starting a new line, but it won't mess up the layout of the document, and hopefully they'll notice that the new line can't be seen.

3) Users can only select a single item from a dropdown list.
    You could use a list box from the Control Toolbox toolbar - this has a setting to enable multiple selection. But again, the disadvantage is that you need Visual Basic code to fill the list box with items.