New Lounger
    Thanks

selected email in Outbox opens (Outlook 2000)

I have Outlook 2000 on several different PCs. On some of the PCs, any queued email in the Outbox remains queued and ready to send unless it is opened by double-clicking it. This is how we'd like all of the PCs to work.

But no. On some of the PCs, simply selecting (highlighting) a queued email in the Outbox "opens" that email. That is, the icon for the email is no longer just a queued email envelope, it's an opened envelop with a sheet of paper in front, like the icon of a saved message in the Drafts folder. Such an email can no longer be sent unless it is then actually opened by double-clicking on it and then the Send button is pressed.

Is there a setting somewhere for the Outbox that says: any email that is highlighted should be turned into a draft?

The Preview Pane settings are the same on all of the machines. Microsoft told me: "You would need to write some code for this to happen. Outlook does not have that option."

I have no such "code" written.

sybil

Re: selected email in Outbox opens (Outlook 2000)

Outlook has a mind of its own. For years I have wanted to have the preview pane in a larger, bolder font. I tried every setting I could find that was pertinent, without luck. The TODAY, all of a sudden mail has been coming in formatted so that I can now read it in the preview instead of always having to open it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

for preview settings, tools > options > mail format > stationary section, font button. the third font option also controls the preview pane ofr plain text messages.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

MS is right - i've never seen that happen. Outlook doesn't use the single click OS options, however it sounds like that's happening.

Do all the computers use the same mice and mouse drivers? The same file option settings? Do the users have any addins installed you don't know about?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes. All the computers use the exact same file option settings, the same addins, and the same mice and drivers. And I've seen this happen before: on a friend's computer who was using Outlook Express.