Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Boot Manager (SR-1)

I have a simple question, which invites a simple, answer. Unfortunately the search engines give vast numbers of hits for a general search, and I thought someone here would know the answer at once.

When I turn on my computer, I go directly to the Windows Boot Manager screen. My only operating system is Vista, and I think the Boot Manager was left over from a previous attempt to set up a dual boot that I decided I didn't want or need. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the unwanted Boot Manager screen, which requires an answer before it will load Vista?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Boot Manager (SR-1)

Select Start | All Programs | Accessories
    Right-click Command Prompt and select "Run As Administrator".
    Type:
    <code>
    bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu No
    </code>
    You can also download and install the free utility EasyBCD to manage how Vista boots.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

It seems I asked much the same question before, in <post:=740,378>post 740,378</post:>, but the boot manager I installed was VistaBootPro.

I thought I had uninstalled it and I guess I had, but I was left with this unwanted and never used choice and delay each and every time I booted. Your suggested registry edit failed to solve the problem, but your suggestion of EASYBCD led me to install that. It gave me an opportunity to delete the two unwanted entries, leaving no choice but Vista, and when I uninstalled EASYBCD using Revo Uninstall it was back to normal, with a boot directly to Vista.

I backed up before I did it, and it seems pure luck that it worked. Thank you for your suggestions. Even if I got it in a roundabout way, I would not have got it at all without them.

Regards,
    Peter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm glad you got it fixed, however you did it. But just for future reference, in that other thread Pilgrim mentions how to remove an OS from the boot process where I wasn't too sure. Taking his lead, here's a screenshot just in case other Loungers are searching this topic.
    Attached Images Attached Images