New Lounger
    Thanks

Template and Page Margins(Word 2002)

Our new office lettherhead template has our logo, office locations and user information running down the right margin of the first page. The second page and all other pages just have a logo on it in the upper right corner which is placed in the header. Both pages have 1 inch margins all the way around. Created the first page by opening the first page header inserting the logo and a borderless text box down the right margin. It appears that the 2 pages have different margins but they really do not. We have encountered one problem with this template and that is that if a user tries to apply a style that indents the right margin at all - it has no effect. Regardless of whether you apply a style or drag the ruler back - the text will not indent. The only workarounds I have so far are: (1). Apply the style which indents the left margin and then place a hard return where you want the right indent. (2.) If you are only going to have a one page letter - then change the right margin to 2.5, or (3.) Insert a section break next page when you get to the second page and then change the right margin back from 1" to 2.5. Have I set up the first page incorrectly? Does anyone have any ideas about how to make it more user friendly? Thank you.

Thanks

Re: Template and Page Margins(Word 2002)

I assume the text in the "body" is flowing around the TextBox. This dynamic adaptation does not change the actual paragraph margins. Thus, a right indent calculating from the right margin would need to be much, much larger (e.g., 2-3") to have any noticeable effect. Does even a large value not work?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Template and Page Margins(Word 2002)

The text does flow around the text box. No Value will work. We tried setting the indent at 2.5, and 3.0. No impact. We are moving to Word 2007 shortly and I tested the template in 2007. I was able to actually change the right indent on the first page using the right indent on the ruler but as soon as I saved the document it changed back.