rbellin

Unsafe device removal

I have just installed WIndows 2000. Each time I boot up I get the unsafe device removal message, and both my SCSI devices - a read/write CDrom and a scanner, are disconnected. Everything else seems to work OK. If I try to reinstall either of these devices, using the find new hardware, it starts to search and then the machine reboots. I have it on its own partition, with a dual boot, so am still in business using Win98. If I can't solve this one, I will just scrub Win2K and stick with what works..
    I have found absolutely nothing at the Microsoft website which is of any help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Unsafe device removal

After the auto reboot and you do another reboot does this still happen?

Even on a other OS's one should reboot again to check out to see if things are sticky. Being a dual boot I would even go one step further and after getting a CLEAN boot then reboot in the Win 98 mode and then back to 2K.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

rbellin

Yes it happens every time.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Are you using 2K SCSI driver for your controler?
    Check with you controler maker and make sure that you have their drivers and not the 2WinK generic drivers installed

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

rbellin

This may be part of my problem. I am using a SCSI II Future Domain card, predating Win2K by a couple of years at least.. I can't find anything at the Adaptec website for support, and I suspect there is none, and no updated drivers.
    I may have to replace this card, IF I decide to continue my attempt to get Windows 2K to work.
    For now, I think I am just going to stay with Win98, which works.
    Thanks for your help.