5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Font for printed comments (Excel 2003)

Is there anywhere I can set the font for printed comments to be different from the fonts for printing my workbook? I print the workbook range pretty small, but would like the comments to be more easily legible. TYIA.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Font for printed comments (Excel 2003)

Are you printing comments at the end of the sheet? If so, they will use the Normal style. I don't think you can have comments printed differently.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Font for printed comments (Excel 2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Rudi on 28-Jan-09 21:29. Added additional info...)</P>If your comments are shown on the screen and your page setup allows to print comments as shown, all you need to do is select the text in the comment box and enlarge it twice the size. If you scale the worksheet down half size, the comment text should still be legible.

Here is something else I had on file...

Excel's Insert - Comment command lets you annotate a cell by typing a comment. Once the comment is created, you can change its formatting. To do this, right-click the cell and select, Edit Comment from the shortcut menu. When the comment is displayed, click anywhere on its border to select the entire comment object. Now you can use the standard toolbar buttons to change the font, text size, or colours.

To change the default formatting of your cell comments (so you don't have to repeat that process each time), you need to go outside Excel and use the Windows Display Settings dialog box. Excel uses the formatting specified for Windows' ToolTips (the text that appear when your pointer hovers near toolbar buttons).

You can access the Display Settings dialog box from the Control Panel. Or, you can right-click the desktop and choose Properties. Access the Appearance tab of the Display Properties dialog box, and select the ToolTip item. You can then modify the font, the font size, the background colour, the foreground colour, and the Bold and Italic attributes.

NOTE:
    If you're using Windows XP, you need to click the Advanced button in the Appearance tab of the Display Properties dialog box. This activates the Advanced Appearance dialog box, where you can make the change.

Be aware that this will affect all comments that have not been formatting. If you've already applied formatting to a comment (for example, changed the background colour), that comment will not be affected by this change.
    Regards,
    Rudi