4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opening Zip file (Windows XP Version 2002 and MS Outlook 2003.)

I have a friend who is trying to open a zipped Microsoft Access file named RockyMount.zip. Recently when she has tried to open the zip file, she gets the following error message.

"Can't Create File:RockyMount.zip. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder."

A similar zipped Access file being sent from another location opens with no problem.

Another computer in her office has no problem opening the RockyMount.zip file. The other computer in her office is using the same operating system and version of Outlook.

She has forwarded the file to me, and I had no problem opening the file (I use Eurdora as my E-mail program). Since I do not use Outlook, I am unfamiliar with its settings.

The main issue is for her to be able to open the zip file.

Initially I was trying to determine if it was an Outlook problem or an Access problem. It appears that Outlook does not automatically save attachments as does Eudora. I renamed the RockyMount.zip to RockyMount.twg and E-mailed it to her. A search for RockyMount.twg did not fine the file. This is a smaller collateral issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Zip file (Windows XP Version 2002 and MS Outlook 2003.)

Let her try saving the attachment to disk instead of opening it directly from the e-mail.
    She can either drag the attachment from the e-mail to Windows Explorer (or to the desktop), or in the e-mail select File | Save Attachments...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Zip file (Windows XP Version 2002 and MS Outlook 2003.)

Thanks. I have e-mailed her to try your suggenstions.

Tom