4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

AVG and ACER no longer friends

Just a heads up.

ACER support has some details about a problem with ACER elock software and AVG version 8.

Not a good task to greet you first thing in the morning on pay processing day with 2,500 pays to process ... but that's how some days are.

Symptoms are constant restart once machine has got to log on stage. Can start in safe mode.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AVG and ACER no longer friends

I cannot say that I have experienced this problem even though I only had AVG 8 on my Acer laptop for two days. I uninstalled ver 8 as I was not keen on the more automated interface and features. I prefered feeling more in control with the older ver 7 interface and options. So I am now back on AVG 7. I hope that your experience can be put down to a once off "bad day" you mentioned and not be a genuine conflict between the two programs.
    Regards,
    Rudi

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Rudi,

From what I could work out, it was only the combination of AVG 8, the specific update and the version of eLock from ACER.

We have a number of the small form factor desktops called Veriton. They are great little machines. And, of course, we had a bulk purchase of them, so they were all affected at the same time.

Johanna

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up on this problem. Iam glad I did not have to encounter that!
    I hope you can get those PC's sorted out again.
    Cheers
    Regards,
    Rudi