<font color=red> Solved - since i couldn't figure out how to redirect the onclick action in the Select link in the datagrid to a pop-up window, i added a button on the page to handle the re-direct. not optimal but it works. </font color=red>

Been digging around a lot on this, so far no luck...

Problem: On the main page, a datagrid has a "Select" link and a "Details" link. The select link allows me to load a session var with an ID required for further DB queries (using code-behind), and the Details link is simply a link styled <font face="Georgia">"java script:fadeboxin('Div4')"</font face=georgia> that spawns a DHTML "popup" to display a custom sized window. If I click on the Details link without clicking on Select, no session data loads and the window doesn't know about what I just selected. If I click on Select, no new window spawns. I want to combine these two functions but am not sure how this can be done.

So far, I've moved the actual javascript function to the code behind "Page Load" module using <font face="Georgia">Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScr iptBlock</font face=georgia> and that works. in the code-behind on the select link I tried this sort of thing: <font face="Georgia">Response.Redirect("java script:fadeboxin('Div4')")</font face=georgia> <-- also server.transfer, neither of which work.

Most tutorials deal with appending some javascript to an onClick() event on a web control, but what I want to do here is, simply, load the session var and open a new window, using javascript to do something nifty, such as open in a window with a set size and position. In short, I am trying to emulate a desktop app UI windowing environment rather than whap the user around into completely new web pages. because I don't want to be boring...

TIA!