Thread: IE6

JimStew

IE6

Can any one help? I have installed IE6 it runns just fine however, I can not view when off line

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: IE6

Since I do NOT use "Offline" how did you view these files in the earlier version(s) of IE?

I do know that the files must be downloaded but I am not sure how this is done and controled.

Check out the Help in IE and go to "offline Web browsing" and read the 3 or 4 items listed.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

JimStew

Hi Davea

Thank you for your reply. When I was using IE5 the IE5 home page when would appear on my screen whether I was on or off line.

Sights I found to be of interest could be flaged and read off line at my lessure, since I installed IE6 if I am not on line I can only get Page not found error

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jim
    When you have a page you want to save, click Favorites and Add to.. from the drop-down Menu. A dialog will appear with a check box for 'Make Available Off-line' If you select it, the synchronization process kicks in. Is this not working for you? Also you can add a button 'Offline' to your tollbar.

Rgds

JimStew

When I click favorites and add to.... My IE6 go's through the synchronization process ok Yet when IE6 is off line all I get is page not found

With IE5 this worked ok

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jim
    Try this : go to IE/Tools/Internet Options/General/Settings and increase the amount of disc space allocated to temporary files.

Rgds