3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem combo box (2003)

Hi All,

Does anyone know why my combo box is not doing as I expected. I have a form which was created a few weeks ago, and have now decided to add a combo box to this form, the combo box uses the row Source property to read the data from a table the field name in the table is called 'user_code'

When viewing the query in view mode I can see the data I expected however when I save the form and open it in normal mode the drop down display the right amount of rows but I cannot see any text.

The combo is not bound to anything, I was going to use the after update event to filter the other data on the form.

Thanks

UPDATE: I have noticed if I add more than one column to the row source i.e. User_code and Name and set the bound coloumn to 1 (user_code) and column count to two if I click the combo the dropdown will display blank under user_code but I can see the names in the name column when I select one nothing gets displayed in the combo box the value is null
    Regards
    Gerbil (AKA Kevin)

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem combo box (2003)

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

BTW was the reply to <post:=755,844>post 755,844</post:> helpful?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, I will do. And yes it was helpfull I have only just had time to test it out but works gret now many thanks. Have replied on the original post now!
    Regards
    Gerbil (AKA Kevin)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Heres part one of the striped down database
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Gerbil (AKA Kevin)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

Heres part two this is the backend with the data.

The form is in the first download and called frm_Dashboard_IA I have highlighted the problem combo in red

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Gerbil (AKA Kevin)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Have you recently updated to SP3 of Office 2003? I had the same problem with combos with one of my databases. There is a fix on the Microsoft website - article 945280 in the Microsoft Knowledge base. This should resolve the problem.
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I think John (jaf90) has hit the nail on the head: there was a problem with combo boxes in Access 2003 SP3. Here is a direct link to the fix:

Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007.