5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help for the next step, and more (Access03)

Question 1:
    I have a report that reports individual staff members and due dates for several different certifications. The problem is that each date is on a different line when it goes to a report. How can I get it so multiple record values get reported on the same line?

Question 2:
    I want to send data out of the main database to another vehicle (which type is up for grabs) that will be reported on team pages in SharePoint 2007. I want the material to be pushed out of Access03 everytime the database is closed. How do I go about that?

Thank you for your time and direction.

Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help for the next step, and more (Access03)

Question 1:

The attachment to <post#=301,393>post 301,393</post#> contains the code for a function named Concat that you can use to concatenate values into one long string. Copy the function into a standard module. You can then use it in expressions in queries and in the control source of text boxes on forms/reports.

Question 2:

Access doesn't have an event at the database level that fires when the database is closed, so you'll have to use a form event. Do you have a form that is open whenever the database is open? If so, you could use the On Close or On Unload event of the form.
    You can export a table or query to a text file or Excel worksheet using DoCmd.TransferText and DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet, respectively.
    If you need to export a formatted report, PDF is the best format. You can either use a PDF writer such as Adobe Acrobat, or the free Access-specific tool ReportToPDF from Stephen Lebans.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help for the next step, and more (Access03)

Thanks Hans. I will get to work. Thanks for the help. Fay