Star Lounger
    Thanks

Importing SQLite into Access (2002/SP3)

I need to import an SQLIte file (created by the open-source reference manager Bibus) into Access, manipulate it, then export the result back to SQLite. I searched the Microsoft support site and failed to find an SQLite driver (searching SQLite turns up no documents). How can I get the SQLite db file into and back out of Access 2002?

Thanks,
    Terry Morse

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing SQLite into Access (2002/SP3)

I think you'll have to do it from the SQLite side, not from the Access side. See SQLite Conversion Tools and SQLite Management Tools.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Hans. I will try those resources.

Since posting my original message, I found an SQLite driver that Access recognizes, and I have been trying to import or link to the file using an import wizard. In trying to link to the file, I get as far as the "ODBC Driver Connect " dialogue box, select the SQLite database file and designate a source name, click on the OK button, and get the message "Reserved error -7778; there is no message for this error." Searching the MS knowledgebase for this error turns up 4900 articles, none of which appears to cover this particular error. Any idea where I am going wrong, or where I can find clear and explicit instructions on how to import via ODBC? I've got a rather large aftermarket book ("Using Microsoft Access 2002 Special Edition") that isn't any more helpful than the Access help file.

Thanks,
    Terry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I don't know anything about SQLite.