Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Currency stored no of dec places (Access 2003 SP2)

Having imported a currency field from SQL Server into an Access table i find that the number of decimal places is 4.

I have another table populated by Access into a currency field and i find that the number of decimal places there is 2.

When i try to query the 2 and compare them, they are not equal, eg $3,163.63 is not equal to $3,163.6299, if you look at the amount in table view it shows as $3,163.63 but when you place the cursor in the field it shows as $3,163.6299.

Is there a way to compare them?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Currency stored no of dec places (Access 2003 SP2)

The Currency data type stores numbers with a precision of 4 decimal places. If you have values such as 3263.6299, those values are probably the result of calculations that introduced small rounding errors.
    If you want to compare values with a precision of 2 decimal places, use calculated expressions in your query of the form Round([FieldName],2). This will remove the rounding errors.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Currency stored no of dec places (Access 2003 SP2)

Thank you Hans, i thought i would have to do that or something similar, but it took quite a while to figure it out.
    When i was looking at 2 separate columns when both numbers were the same i was confused, when i finally put the cursor in each field and found that problem it was a relief of sorts.

I live and learn, thanks again Hans.