3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Follow Hyperlink field from Access report (2002/2003/2007)

We have created the hyperlink field within our report filing database table. We can open the hyperlinked document from within the Access form. This is working great for most people, but of course they always want more.

Can the hyperlinked file be opened from a report? They would like to search for particular document types, see the report listing the results of the search, and click on the link to open the document to view the contents. Is this possible?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Follow Hyperlink field from Access report (2002/2003/2007)

No, the content of a report is not interactive, it's just something to be viewed and printed. So clicking on a hyperlink in a report won't do anything. Sorry!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation of what I was assuming. I can now officially tell my customer that it cannot be done.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Well, there is a potential trick you might use. Create a form that looks exactly like the report your customer has (can be a challenge if the report has fancy page and report headers and/or footers), and then display the "report" where the hyperlinks will be clickable. If on the other hand, you want to email it to people, forms can't be emailed in the conventional sense.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the work around. I will give it a try. The report that they want the hyperlink on is based on a query for a particular document topic. They probably will not be printing it out, unless we could not find a way to get the links to work.

Thanks again, Wendell.