2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

form crashing lookup tables (2003)

Hi,

Can't figure out why a form that i've been using without any problems is now crashing when i move to a new record. I've recently added a couple of combo boxes which get data from a lookup table in another dB....could this be the problem? I've linked the lookup tables from the front-end of the dB, but is this the correct way of doing this......??....perhaps i should link the lookups from the back-end dB, then link to these via the front-end??? Any advise would be much appreciated. (I've already tried creating a new form from scratch, a new dB and importing the objects, but all to no avail...same problem exists!).

Thanks Muchly, Van

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: form crashing lookup tables (2003)

Using linked tables in the frontend should be OK.

Does the form work OK if you remove the combo boxes again? If so, try adding one combo box at a time to see if it causes the problems.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, tried to remove the 4 combo boxes and form still crashing. very frustrating. I am going to try rebuilding the form again but a lot of work. Thanks for the advise re: linked tables.
    Regards,
    Van

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Good luck! (I fear that it's not possible to tell what causes the problem without seeing the database.)