3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

question about placement of images in table cells, (Word 2007 SP1)

Hey folks. So I am working with MS Word 2007, and encountering difficulites changing the vertical spacing of images in table cells. One specific task I am attempting to do is move an image up (for example, if it is located too far below a heading title). The cross arrows appear, as do the up/down arrows when i hover atop the gridlines/borderlines. The problem is that the image will not move upwards or downwards, although I can move it from left to right. This happens with Excel images.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

PS- I need to keep the image as an Excel file, so that others can edit it if necessary.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: question about placement of images in table cells, (Word 2007 SP1)

I aleways prefer to place graphics inline with text instead of floating. That way, I can control the placement of the graphics using paragraph settings.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, my problem isn't the graphic placement relative to the text (i.e., not moving if I write additional text around it), but its movement option, or lack thereof, within the actual table field. Are you saying that you have full axis movement options of an Excel chart within a table in Word 2007 when you place it using inline?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, you don't, but you can change vertical placement by changing the Space Before and Space After settings of the paragraph that contains the chart object.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

As Hans suggests, pasting in-line images with the paragraph spacing set at zero above and below may be the only step you need to make. Some images have white space around them (click to show the image boundaries), which you can crop off. Also sometimes the internal cell margin may need to be reduced or eliminated.

Pam
    Pam Caswell