5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Contacts cut off (2003)

I’m actually not sure if this an Outlook or a Blackberry post because I don’t know what’s causing the problem, but I sure hope it’s an Outlook problem because I trust the Woody’s Lounge people will be able to resolve it, which is not the case with most other web sites that I have posted on lately …

I have content in the General tab of some of my address book contacts that are quite lengthy; perhaps they go on for more than 2,000 words. Much of this information is important, describing important dates, etc. I have found lately that some of these contacts have been arbitrarily cut off, some at 300 words, 700 words, etc. I guess it is because they are too long.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Is it related to my syncs with my Blackberry? Do the Blackberry contacts have a word limit to their entries that becomes imposed on my desktop Outlook entries? Is there another possible cause???

Thank you all,

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contacts cut off (2003)

If you search Google for outlook contact notes truncate blackberry you'll find many reports of this problem. Apparently the notes field will be truncated when you synchronize with a Blackberry. As far as I can tell, there is no solution for this problem yet, so you should either use shorter notes or avoid synchronizing contacts.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well that's absolutely terrible! I can't tell you how many records I have already permanently lost. I can probably go digging in archive files that I have backed up, but even these won't be recent. How coudl a system as advanced as Blackberry not foreseen thsi problem and fixed it!?!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It just goes to show that creating and keeping regular backups is absolutely essential.