3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mutliple-word entries in custom dictionary? (Word 2007 SP1)

Ok, so I am going to add a custom dictionary to Word 2007. Because myself and my co-workers write computer-related content, there are many instances of multiple-word entries where capitalization is important (i.e., XXX Store Version 2), because we endeavor to write product and vendor names exactly as they appear on the originating company websites. My question is this: will adding something like XXX Store Version 2 lead Word 2007 into thinking that "Store" and "Version" need to capitalized throughout-which would be a nightmare, or at least a pain in @#%, or can Word discern contextual usage/multiple-word entries?

Additionally, for a name like "iTunes" or "iPod," Word won't misunderstand this to mean that "Pod" and "Tunes" have to either capitalized or appended to "i"-right?

Thanks again, folks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mutliple-word entries in custom dictionary? (Word 2007 SP1)

You can add words such as iPhone and iTunes to your custom dictionary. This will not affect the way Word treats the words phone and pod, since they aren't seen as forms of the same words.

You can't add a phrase consisting of more than one word such as "Phone Store Version 2" to your custom dictionary, only single words.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mutliple-word entries in custom dictionary? (Word 2007 SP1)

Okay. Thanks a lot.