3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question about adding a custom dictionary

So, I see these offical MS instructions:

"Copy the custom dictionary file that you want to add to the computer.
    Custom dictionaries carry the .dic file name extension. They are generally located in the following folder:"

I notice however that my two custom dictionaries are NOT .dic name extensions as listed in their folder (they do have the .dic file type in the Custom Dictionaries dialog box, but not within the Roaming>Microsoft>UProof folder) . They are instead text documents. The only .dic files are the 5 exculdedictionary files (EN, FR, etc). The reason I ask is because I have copied and pasted my two text document custom dictionary files to our work server, which is where I am going to instruct others to locate and add them to their copies of Word 2007.

Will this be a problem?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Question about adding a custom dictionary

Custom dictionaries are plain text files but they should have the extension .dic. You can simply change the extension from .txt to .dic.

Thanks

<hr>I notice however that my two custom dictionaries are NOT .dic name extensions as listed in their folder (they do have the .dic file type in the Custom Dictionaries dialog box, but not within the Roaming>Microsoft>UProof folder) .<hr>
    Out of the box, Windows is configured to hide the file extensions for "known file types." You can make these extensions visible by changing your settings in Windows Explorer (or My Computer). Tools > Folder Options > View tab. This is especially critical if you plan to change a file's extension.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I thought of that too, but the OP mentions "The only .dic files are the 5 exculdedictionary files (EN, FR, etc)." so apparently he can see the .dic extension...