Results 1 to 2 of 2
2009-02-14, 02:02 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2002
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
update on the last field (Access 2000)
In my table Preisliste,imported from an excel worksheet, I want to update on the last field in the table.
1. to convert all the fields from text into number
2 to update on the last field of this table.The name of the last field may vary, and therefore I want to update on the last populated field.In my case the last populated field is F9 :
sqlUpdateDDU = " UPDATE products INNER JOIN Preisliste ON products.code = Preisliste.Code SET products.exworks = Preisliste.F9/100;"
But is it possible not to mention the name of the field, and to try to find out the last field ?
2009-02-14, 11:31 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: update on the last field (Access 2000)
I assume that this is the same table as in your previous post.
I recommend cleaning up the worksheet in Excel before importing it into Access:
- Remove rows and columns that you don't need.
- Make sure that the first row contains valid field names.
- Make sure that there are no text values in number or date columns.
That way, you'll be able to use the imported table without problems.