4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Receipt form (A2K)

We currently have a guest check in form (frmCheckIn) where the operator enters minimum information and a receipt (rptReceipt2) can be generated. Basically the operator enters the guest name, room # and length of stay and the rent begin date. The program looks up the room rate, calculates the rent end date, the sales taxes and the total amount due.

The Federal Government has a new requirement that in order to get reimbursed, government employees must have a receipt that shows the daily room rent and the daily taxes. Currently, the only way to satisfy this requirement is to print out a daily receipt for each day stayed. This is rather labor intensive and would produce a separate receipt for each night stayed.

The requirement for government reimbursement is a maximum of a 7 days stay per receipt. I would think the rate portion of the invoice would look something like this. Each date stayed would be listed separately.

Date Rate Total Taxes Total Due
    02/16/09 $79 $8.69 $87.69
    02/17/09 $79 $8.69 $87.69
    02/18/09 $79 $8.69 $87.69
    Grand Total $26.07 $263.07

The four records (Receipt numbers) in tblRental are 106686-106690. If you open frmCheckIn it will ask for a receipt number.

We may need to create a separate Check In form for government employeed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Receipt form (A2K)

What exactly is your question?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I haven't been able to figure out how to design and populate a receipt that would accomplish the listing by date.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'd create a table tblDates with a single Date/Time field; populate it with a list of all dates you want to cover (say from 01/01/05 to 12/31/10 or so); the easiest way to get the dats is to fill a series in Excel and copy it into tblDates.
    Next, create a query based on tblDates and tblRental. Add the date field from tblDates and all fields (*) from tblRental, and set the criteria for the date field to

Between [RentBegDate] And [RentBegDate]+[NumberofDays]-1

This query will return all dates of each stay. You can use this query in further queries.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have created the tblDate and it is returning the initial date twice and then lists the other dates correctly.

Tom

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am also confused as to how the tblDate is related to tblRental. How does it know which RentBegDate to use? I tried manually inserting the OrderID number into the query (to select the needed record) but this does not seem to help.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See the query qryRental in the attached version. I had to remove the forms, report and macros to keep the file size down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I will try to figure out where to go from here.

Tom