New Lounger
    Thanks

Show Table And Make Table Query (MS Access 2003)

How can I imbed a "Make Query" query into a query. I tried to create a query and include a "Make Query" query, but I'm getting an error. The purpose for this is to gain access to a table that only has a start and end date. The "Make Query" query has the columns that will make up the table being created. Thanks ! ! !

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Show Table And Make Table Query (MS Access 2003)

You cannot include a make-table query in a select query because a make-table query doesn't return records. You can include select queries in a make-table query, though, as long as the query as a whole remains updateable.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Thanks ! ! ! I'm searching for a way to access a start date and end date for use by multiple queries that are called from various macros. This particular query was a "Make-Table" query. I though that by calling the "Make-Query" from within a query that retrieves the dates (start and end dates) in a table would solve my problem, but it did not. The error that I'm getting is "The SQL statement could not be executed because it contains ambiguous outer joins. To force one of the joins to be performed first, create a separate query that performs the first join and then include that query in your SQL statement. "

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The best way to refer to the same criteria (such as start and end dates) in multiple queries is to create a form with a text box for each of the criteria. You can then refer to these text boxes in your queries, like this:

[Forms]![NameOfForm]![NameOfTextbox]

New Lounger
    Thanks

HansV,

That worked like a charm. Thanks ! ! !