Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Business card (2007 SR-1)

It is time I had a business card with a mug shot that I can send with select email so that recipients can put it in their Contacts if they choose. I don't know where to begin, and any advice or links would be welcome.

Thanks

Re: Business card (2007 SR-1)

The most standard format is the vCard. You can export one from your own Contact record in Outlook, and create a new signature that consists of nothing but the attached vCard. (That's how I selectively attach them, just Insert>Signature>vCard.)

However, vCards are plain text (at least in Outlook 2003), so your image may not be included. There might be some workarounds for that. (I haven't researched it...sorry, dinner time.)

Thanks

In Outlook '07, you can indeed insert a picture into your own v-card. Open up your card, and form the ribbon click on Business Card and follow the prompts from there. either Business Card or Picture will get you there.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

It is easy so long as I start in Outlook 2007 and stay in Outlook 2007. The question now is one of compatibility. Will anyone be able to import it into something other than Outlook 2007?

A quick way to tell might be to ask if those in the forum who do not have 2007 if they have what 2007 calls business cards, complete with photos. The cleverest I have seen had two alternating photos, for a slide show effect.