Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formula issue (2003)

Several points:

1. <LI>Are you locked inito using Excel for this project? It strikes me that Access would be a superior tool.
      <LI>Are you locked into the current worksheet design?
      <LI>Can you provide a workbook with all possible scenarios that has each of the correct results in the Merge sheet? Where you need formulae developed, highlight the cell, and provide a brief explanation of the logic one would apply to get that result if working from paper worksheets.
    Regards
    Don

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry; but you have provided too little information for me to figure out exactly what you are trying to do. Perhaps other loungers can see what I am missing.
    Regards
    Don

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Post deleted by Wordnewby65

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry my post was not very clear, I was confused when I read the assignment too. Thank you for your time and effort.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Formula issue (2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Wordnewby65 on 18-Feb-09 00:28. I had to delete the original posting since it was not clear. I hope I get better luck this time.)</P>Greetings-

I have a formula that needs some tweaking. This formula is to reference the ACCT and find the “best” contact information and return the result to the Merge sheet. If the ACCT does not have a Parent then you reference the ACCT to the abc_Phonelist sheet. If the ACCT does have a Parent then use the Parent ACCT since it has a more desirable account number to reference against the abc_Phonelist. If the ACCT or the Parent ACCT uses Processors then the ACCT from the Processors sheet has the best reliable account number to reference against the abc_Phonelist.
    In sum, there are three different possible “number tiers” that can be used.
    The first, the ACCT phone number. This means that the ACCT has neither a Parent nor a Processor.
    The second, the parent ACCT phone number. This means that the ACCT has a Parent, but neither the Parent ACCT nor the ACCT has a Processor.
    The third, the Processor phone number. This means that either the ACCT or the Parent ACCT has a Processor phone number.
    Please review my formula from the “merge” tab, and make any adjustments to accommodate the three-tier structure.
    Attached Files Attached Files