2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Forward references in Access 2007 (pro)

Is there some way to see where items (fields, tables, queries, ...) are used within an Access application?

I have a modestly complicated Access system, and forget where fields, and other items, are used within the application. This means that when I make a change, I may be fouling up something further along in the processing stream, because I don;t remember all the places where that item is used. So I'm hoping that there is something like a concordance function that would show me where things that are generated within the application are used (similar to what one can do in Excel).

Thanks for any help!

Bob Chapman

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forward references in Access 2007 (pro)

Rick Fisher's Find and Replace for Microsoft Access has a cross reference tool that shows where items are used. The Access 2007 version is still in beta, though. Find and Replace is not free but well worth the modest price.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans.
    Bob

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another option that is much more expensive is FMS Total Access Analyze ,but it does what you need and a lot more. I have used it http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAcces...Practices.html