2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

'from' field ininbox (vista) (outlook 2003)

how do I add the "from" field to inbox? All my personal folders plus junk mail show the from field. I've read previous posts but haven't been successful with those ideas and the Outlook help which says to check the from field in view in a new message doesn't do it for me. Is Vista the fault? My XP machine is OK.

Thanks

Re: 'from' field ininbox (vista) (outlook 2003)

By Inbox, you mean the listing of messages, not an individual message, right?

If you have not customized the Inbox, you could reset the Messages view, which is the view that normally applies to the Inbox. You can do this from the Custom View Organizer dialog: View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views.

If you have customized the Inbox view, you can customize it further. If you have a one-line view, right-click any column heading and open the field chooser. Then drag From the the desired location. If you have a two-line view, I think you will need to return to the Custom View Organizer to add a field.

Any luck?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'from' field ininbox (vista) (outlook 2003)

Thank you, my friend. Yes, I meant the listing of messages. Your instructions were right on. I now have the "from" field where I want.