Lounger
    Thanks

numerous 'create pdf' buttons appear when 'New' (outlook 2003, xp)

My colleague is having a strange problem. When she clicks New Mail Message, tens of "create pdf" buttons appear, taking up most of the new email real estate on her screen.

We tried to remove the create pdf toolbar from options and toolbars, but it's still there. Any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: numerous 'create pdf' buttons appear when 'New' (outlook 2003, xp)

Which PDF utility does your colleague use - Adobe Acrobat, or ...?

Lounger
    Thanks

She had several but claims to have removed them. Without more information, it's not fair or practical for me to ask for y'all's help.

Regardless of the PDF maker brand, would re-installing Outlook help?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Reinstalling Outlook seems a bit drastic, I'd first make sure that the PDF utilities have been disabled or uninstalled. Otherwise you run the risk that they'll attach themselves to Outlook again after it has been reinstalled.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. Apparently it's some sort of malware because everyone got this mass email this morning from one of the IT guys:

"Please do not download any programs for your computer. Most of these programs on the internet which are listed as free (normally for so many days) do not work or they are spy ware or malware which in most cases will change or stop one of your programs. The latest one is the "make your own PDF". It will change your Outlook email program and the only way to fix it is clean out the computer completely to remove the files..."

I'll close this thread since it appears to be virus/malware related. Sam

[quote name='HansV' post='760704' date='23-Feb-09 21:09']Reinstalling Outlook seems a bit drastic, I'd first make sure that the PDF utilities have been disabled or uninstalled. Otherwise you run the risk that they'll attach themselves to Outlook again after it has been reinstalled.[/quote]