3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2 ?s:This document could not be registered/Replace

When I open a document I created, Word 2007 gives me the following message: This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document. (...document name...)

What's up with this? I am able to edit and work in the document.

Another question- for some reason, Ctrl+F>Replace>Replace All isn't working. Specifically, there are numerous instances of CTRL+(whatever key) that I want to change to Ctrl+. I have tried these iterations of Ctrl: Ctrl, Ctrl+, Ctrl+(specific key). Word tells me it made however many changes, but I don't see any changes within the document. CTRL+ is still there. I saved the document and reopened, and still see CTRL+. What's odd about this is that I was able to do a Replace all of "field" to "dialogue box" without any trouble at all.

On a related note, if I wanted to change all instances of say "enter" to "type" within a few pages in a 32 page document, does Word's Find>Replace option allow me to designate a specific page range for the replacements? I know I can correct one at a time (too tedious), and all (too sweeping).

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 ?s:This document could not be registered/Replace

You can display extra options in the Replace dialog by clicking the More button. Make sure that the Match Case check box is not ticked. If it is ticked, Word will not find CTRL if you're searching for Ctrl.

You can select part of a document, then select Edit | Replace. When you click Replace All, Word will replace within the selection only, then ask whether you want to continue with the rest of the document (answer No).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Confirmed that "match case" is not checked. Still no joy making this change. Thanks a lot for that other tip.

Thanks

I don't quite understand what you are trying find and replace.

Find: Ctrl+
    Replace: ???

If you have checked the box to use Wildcards, turn that off, since the + key may have a special meaning in that context.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Find: CTRL
    Replace: Ctrl

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In that case, Match Case should be checked! Otherwise Word will consider the Find what and Replace with texts to be the same.