New Lounger
    Thanks

Linking to Movies (PPT 2000)

Apparently when I include a movie in my PowerPoint presentation, the link is a defined path such that when I transfer my presentation to a different computer (along with the linked movie) PowerPoint will look only in the original path for my movie. I realize that I can go through my presentation and edit the links, but this is not what I want to do when I am in a lecture hall about to give a presentation! I would like to have a relative link to the movie that would tell PowerPoint to look in the same directory as the PowerPoint file for the movie. Then no matter where my presentation was the movie would be found as long as it was in the same directory. Is this possible to do? If not, how can I best cope with this problem?

Thanks

Re: Linking to Movies (PPT 2000)

See if your solution can be found in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=ppt&Number=66121&page=&view =&sb=&o=&vc=1> this thread.</A>

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

This thread says that the problem of unlinked files can be "solved" by editing all of the links and making them correct for the new location. That is true of course, but I want to avoid having to edit my presentation every time I put it on a different computer.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If your presentation is finished, how about using Pack and Go to package up the presentation and all the linked movie files into one 'presentation'. You will be able to move this to any computer without losing the links.
    Any use?
    Silverback

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! That sounds like it is exactly what I need, but didn't know about.