New Lounger
    Thanks
    My attempts all fail, yet I believe it can be done. Win ME is listed among the VBox choices.

I have W2K Pro happily virtualling (and used for dozens of legacy gfx pgms), but no luck so far with Win ME.

Walter Donavan
    Fort Lauderdale

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Does this thread on the VirtualBox forum help you at all?

stuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Stuck. Appreciate the help.

It tells me some of the problems, but offers no real solutions. Does anybody have Win ME *working properly* under VBox? Or is Sun merely wishfully thinking that it *should* work?

No big deal. I don't have to have Win ME the way I need win 2K for legacy gfx, but it would be nice--mainly because I enjoy playing with old s/w and because Win ME has a nifty defrag that I like.

I'll cross-post to the VBox forum (didn't know about it), maybe better luck there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walter donavan View Post
    Does anybody have Win ME *working properly* under VBox?.
    Not under VBox, but I do have ME running fine in the MS Virtual Machine under Windows XP Home. It installed with no problems, and I had no problems updating it.

Don't know if that helps...

Chris

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Another option you might like to consider is dual booting but I'd guess the effort involved in reconfiguring your machine to accommodate a new primary FAT32 partition for ME would be disproportionate!

stuck