Star Lounger
    Thanks

XP Java script (XP 2000)

In XP 2000 - using Mozilla Firefox - When I try to play "You Tube" selections, I get a message that I must enable Java script. How does one do this ??
    Thanks for any help...

Theodore

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP Java script (XP 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I moved your question to the "Other Browsers" forum since it's about Firefox.

1) Have you installed the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player for Firefox? You can get it here (free).
    2) You can enable JavaScript in the Content tab of Tools | Options... in Firefox.

Thanks

Unless you disabled it, you probably have JavaScript enabled in Firefox's content options.

YouTube uses a second server (ytimg.com) for its scripts. In some cases, you need to allow scripts from this domain to run, even if you already allow scripts from YouTube.com to run. When would this be necessary?
    <UL><LI>When you use the NoScript extension to manage scripts in Firefox. In that case, click the "S" button on the status bar the next time you see the above error. Allow ytimg.com and reload the page. Should work now.

<LI>When you use security or filtering software that can block scripts or block access to sites. One known example is Blue Coat K9. If you have this kind of software, you need to allow the ytimg.com domain in there.[/list]Any luck?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

HansV:

Many thanks for your quick advice and the links you provided. All is well with YouTube and now it works like a charm!!

Theodore

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ischer2000:

Thanks for your quick advice on Noscript extension and the links you provided. I saved all of the links to a flash drive - in a Woodys tool Kit folder in case I need them again.

I'm new to Firefox and this was my first difficulty - now Youtube works perfectly...

Theodore