Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Lounge

Thanks

Cool

Oh! What a beauty.
    Congratulations to all concerned, I have just had my first tour. A personal thank you.
    To be able to forecast the implementation and be on time is tribute to all concerned

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='E_OGRADY' post='760762' date='Feb 24 2009, 08:27 AM'] Oh! What a beauty.[/quote]
    Welcome to the new lounge, I do hope you enjoy it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Let this (image) stand as testament to the switchover:
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Very nice, new lounge. And fast too! Thanks for all your hard work.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You have lost one faithul longer.
    It is (was) a shame to let Mr. Livingstone to touch anything.
    Good-bye,
    Adam Kertesz

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the old lounge, but I'm having fun exploring our new diggs. Thanks for the upgrade!
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The Lounge is a community of people helping each other. This community is still the same as on the old server...

Sorry to see you go, and come back if and when you feel like it - you'll be welcome!

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='761003' date='24-Feb-09 17:17']The Lounge is a community of people helping each other. This community is still the same as on the old server...[/quote]
    Very true! And thanks to those concerned for what must have been an immense amount of hard work in converting across the data and making the new Lounge look as much like the old one as feasible!!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='761005' date='24-Feb-09 12:22']<snip>
    ...making the new Lounge look as much like the old one as feasible!![/quote]

That's a very interesting point! As I sit here reading your post, there's your little pix on the left side with a little about you and spread across the rest of my screen is the content of your post. Hmmm, doesn't look too much different than the old Lounge, except the skin I'm using, which in itself isn't bad!

I'd say the building and the doorways may have changed, but the PEOPLE inside are what makes a place feel warm and fuzzy. After just one half day, hey, this is the same bunch of Dudes and Dudesses, so what's the big deal.

Well written my friend!

Thanks
    Impressed with the speed, will take a little time to get used to the new look. Miss LEX.
    Along with the new goes the good old sage advice that we have always enjoyed in the Lounge.
    Congratulations to those that slaved away to make the change
    Paul Coyle
    Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree with all the other Loungers - except I feel sorry for the person who has left us.....<maybe only for a short time?> I've been checking posts, tweaking my settings, and generally getting accustomed to how a lot of the new controls work. There's lots more to learn but I'd say that I've had an enjoyable day exploring this lounge. It's been a pleasure!

to everyone who turned this new forum software into home for us!

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='761057' date='24-Feb-09 12:08']I agree with all the other Loungers - except I feel sorry for the person who has left us.....<maybe only for a short time?>[/quote]

As far as those who want to leave - well, you cannot please everyone all the time. Much appreciation to all the hard work that went into making this the best place for information exchange IMHO.

And the speed of the new digs - well all I gotta say is
    Ed
    "Somebody left the cork out of my lunch." - W. C. Fields

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='761003' date='24-Feb-09 09:17']The Lounge is a community of people helping each other. This community is still the same as on the old server...[/quote]
    Hans, you have an icon now. I like it!

It will take a little getting used to but you and your colleagues have done a great job. Very modern looking and very up-to-date. Thank you very much.

By the way, I already miss the star posts I used to see at the top of the forum page. Will that feature be gone forever?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The Star Post Indexes have been pinned to the top of the Lounge Matters forum.
    Some of the links there don't work, we'll try to correct that over time.

Platinum Lounger
    Hornsby Heights, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='761005' date='25-Feb-09 04:22']Very true! And thanks to those concerned for what must have been an immense amount of hard work in converting across the data and making the new Lounge look as much like the old one as feasible!![/quote]
    You'll find that over time, just like during Eileen's reign, things (read features) will be added a bit at a time. Tony and Brian have done a brilliant job getting everything across in record time.

As you can probably tell from the performance here, as opposed to the old lounge, PHP is much more suitable than Perl was. The old longe code has grown over the years, but, it was still based on last century technology.

I for one am very happy with this new incarnation and at the same time surprised that some users decided to leave, but hey, that is their prerogative.
    Cheers, Claude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast