Thanks
    1) Change the date format (found in various places slightly differently) to match the local country consistently e.g. Noble British Format?

2) Find how many posts are new by forum?

3) Edit the Subject of a post (or have I just missed it?)?

4) Get some of the better original Smilies back?

TAGS

Previewing shows that the PRE [pre]text within PRE tags[/pre] tag now shows as CODE.

and that the CODE
    Code:
    text within CODE tags
    tag also shows as CODE...

Can we nest CODE tags?
    Code:
    [t]code[/t]nested code tags
    [/code] Hmmm. Somewhat!

Is there still a problem with % signs in BATch files? %31% %32% %33% %DUMMY% ... apparently not.

I suppose all this is in the Help file somewhere!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='760827' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:28 PM'][/quote]
    Batcher,

Lots of questions here, I will try to answer as many as I can...
    1. Unfortunately the date format can only be changed for the whole lounge. My personal preference would be for a standard 24 hour display, but others find this difficult.
    2. You can see which forums have new posts by the appearance of the forum icon at the left. To see how many new posts there are I think the best you can do is to open the forum, then you should see a red box to the left of new threads (colour may very by skin).
    3. Users do not have the ability to change the subject of threads.
    4. I have a complete set of smilies from the old lounge tucked away somewhere, we just have to work out the easiest way to use them here.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartR' post='760835 View Post
    Batcher,

[/quote]

What do you have set as your time zone, Stuart? Batcher's post and your post show up for me in MY local time which is GMT -5, but the quote of Batcher within your post says that his post was made at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

Unhappy

[quote name='StuartR' post='760835' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:50 PM']Batcher,

1. Unfortunately the date format can only be changed for the whole lounge. My personal preference would be for a standard 24 hour display, but others find this difficult.
    2. You can see which forums have new posts by the appearance of the forum icon at the left. To see how many new posts there are I think the best you can do is to open the forum, then you should see a red box to the left of new threads (colour may very by skin).
    3. Users do not have the ability to change the subject of threads.
    4. I have a complete set of smilies from the old lounge tucked away somewhere, we just have to work out the easiest way to use them here.
    [/quote]

Thanks, Stuart.

The date/time above your post reads Posted Feb 24 2009, 12:50 PM
    In Controls -> Recently Read Posts -> Last Actions I see 24th February 2009 - 12:50 PM
    The second one would be much better - if it was a 24-hour clock without any AM/PM indication!

So if you make a mistake on the post Subject, that's it?!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    "You can see which forums have new posts by the appearance of the forum icon at the left. "

As far as I can see, the forum icons all look the same.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='760844' date='Feb 24 2009, 01:10 PM']So if you make a mistake on the post Subject, that's it?![/quote]
    You can ask a moderator to change it for you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='760849' date='Feb 24 2009, 01:28 PM']As far as I can see, the forum icons all look the same.[/quote]

These attachments show that Lounge Matters, Scuttlebutt and Test Area all have posts I haven't read. (First attachment is Oldstyle Blue skin, second is Classic Blue).

[attachment=82312:UnreadPosts1.GIF][attachment=82313:UnreadPosts2.GIF]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='760862' date='Feb 24 2009, 01:54 PM']These attachments show that Lounge Matters, Scuttlebutt and Test Area all have posts I haven't read. (First attachment is Oldstyle Blue skin, second is Classic Blue).

[attachment=82312:UnreadPosts1.GIF][attachment=82313:UnreadPosts2.GIF][/quote]
    I was seeing all of them (apart from Test Area) as showing the same, as if they had posts I had not read. (Maybe that's how the new Lounge started out?)

Ian

Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='760862' date='Feb 24 2009, 01:54 PM']These attachments show that Lounge Matters, Scuttlebutt and Test Area all have posts I haven't read. (First attachment is Oldstyle Blue skin, second is Classic Blue).

[attachment=82312:UnreadPosts1.GIF][attachment=82313:UnreadPosts2.GIF][/quote]
    I get it now (I think). On the old Lounge, if I visited a particular board and read anything, it reset the counter of unread threads and posts, even if I didn't read them all. On the new Lounge, it still shows the "unread" icon unless I have read them all. So I suppose that after I have visited a board and read the posts that interest me, and left the ones that don't, I have to click the icon to mark the board as read.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='760884' date='Feb 24 2009, 02:21 PM']So I suppose that after I have visited a board and read the posts that interest me, and left the ones that don't, I have to click the icon to mark the board as read.[/quote]
    Or you can click View New Posts on the menu bar and then click Mark all forums as read and return to index