2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a problem. Every time I open a table in design view and try to edit the indexes I get an error.

"The table is already opened by another user..." and then it opens a form based on the table design. I've run Compact and Repair, looked for hidden instances of Access in Task Manager (Applications and Processes), but neither appear when Access is not running.

This is a single-user, non-split database. Now, if I open any database or create a new one and try to edit table indexes I get the same error. Any help is appreciated.

New site is awesome so far!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It's very strange that you get this error in any database. Have you tried rebooting your PC?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've rebooted several times with no luck.

Here's the scarey part, I copied one of the databases from my laptop to a backup pc, opened the the db on the backup pc, opened the table and tried to change the index. I GOT THE SAME ERROR. This tells me it's abviously not a problem with a rogue Access process running in the background? On the other machine, after unsuccessfully opening an existing db from the laptop, I created a new database, created a table, saved it, and then I was able to edit indexes. Could the Access program install be corrupted?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    > Could the Access program install be corrupted?

It looks like it! You might try completely uninstalling Access (or Office as a whole), then reinstalling it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Does it only happen on the one table? If so that table may be corrupt.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jmnees' post='760980' date='24-Feb-09 17:34']...Now, if I open any database or create a new one and try to edit table indexes I get the same error...[/quote]
    So the problem isn't limited to one table or even to one database!