Thanks
    Is there a way to change the default so that the previous user's post is not quoted?

Otherwise there will be a huge and unnecessary waste of space...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='761004' date='24-Feb-09 17:19'][/quote]
    I usually delete quoted text that isn't needed, but keep the surrounding tags because it provides the context (otherwise people would have to switch to outline mode to see which was a reply to what).

You can click the Add Reply button at the bottom of the thread to add a reply without the quote, and you can delete any quoted text before submitting your reply, but I do think we are likely to get a lot of unnecessary quoting before everyone is used to the new lounge.

Thanks
    I must already be in outline mode (if that's what "one post after another in date order" is called)! I can't right now find what the other modes are!

Later - found it! I am in Standard mode (which seems remarkably like Linear, at least in this post). Outline is horrible! (IMNVHO)
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='761014' date='24-Feb-09 17:31']I am in Standard mode (which seems remarkably like Linear, at least in this post).[/quote]
    The difference between Standard and Linear mode is small. In Linear mode the first post appears at the top of each page when there is more than one page of posts.