Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It seems to me that we have migrated away from the ability to search by post #. Am I overlooking something? or has this feature gone?
    Regards
    Don

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This post (Post 760974) may be helpful. If you use the search feature you can enter the post number there, but do not use a comma. Searching for 760974 will take you to the post I suggested while searching for 760,974 will result in a "...your search didn't return any results"

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='761049' date='24-Feb-09 13:53']This post (Post 760974) may be helpful. If you use the search feature you can enter the post number there, but do not use a comma. Searching for 760974 will take you to the post I suggested while searching for 760,974 will result in a "...your search didn't return any results"[/quote]

I find that if I want to read post #705166 I can find it by usoing the following address in the address bar:
    "http://www.wopr.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=704166". But I cannot divine how to manage this using the search feature.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Don

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am able to search by post number by using the Search in the upper right corner of each page I've visited.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You have to specify the post number without a comma, and you MUST select one or more forums or categories - see screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (5.3 KB, 0 views)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='761110' date='24-Feb-09 16:10']You have to specify the post number without a comma, and you MUST select one or more forums or categories - see screenshot[/quote]Please try #705166 on the Excel Board
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    OK. you're correct. Hopefully we'll be able to expand the search option later on.

Thanks
    [quote name='wdwells' post='761032' date='24-Feb-09 10:19']It seems to me that we have migrated away from the ability to search by post #. Am I overlooking something? or has this feature gone?[/quote]
    In the short run while so many things on the to-do list, you could try this little hack.

Start a new reply or a new topic.
    To the left of the composition area, click Insert: Post Link
    Enter the post number in the top box, and type any text in the bottom box (at least a few characters)
    Preview your post
    Click the link

Okay, that's a bit crazy, but it might be easier than using the address bar.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='761139' date='24-Feb-09 16:47']OK. you're correct. Hopefully we'll be able to expand the search option later on.[/quote]Thank you Hans. A problem identified is a problem half solved.
    Regards
    Don

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation

[quote name='jscher2000' post='761192' date='24-Feb-09 17:56']In the short run while so many things on the to-do list, you could try this little hack.

Start a new reply or a new topic.
    To the left of the composition area, click Insert: Post Link
    Enter the post number in the top box, and type any text in the bottom box (at least a few characters)
    Preview your post
    Click the link

Okay, that's a bit crazy, but it might be easier than using the address bar.[/quote]Thanks Jefferson; it works a treat.
    Regards
    Don