3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What it says in the title - I've not seen anyone mention that this is no longer a feature, so I thought I'd mention that I'm not getting the messages. Is this one of those things that'll now happen once a day?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Click Controls in the "menu bar".
    Under Options on the left hand side, click Email Settings.
    Tick the check box "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?"
    Select an option from the "If ticked, choose default type:" dropdown list.
    Finally, click "Amend my email settings".

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='761237' date='25-Feb-09 00:20']Tick the check box "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?"
    Finally, click "Amend my email settings".[/quote]

Thanks

Will that notify me every time someone posts to the thread, or will it only notify me when someone replies to my posts (which is what I'm used to)?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know. I don't use notifications (they'd drive me crazy ). Perhaps someone who does can tell you, or you could experiment in Test Area.

Thanks
    [quote name='Gfamily' post='761364' date='25-Feb-09 10:22']Thanks

Will that notify me every time someone posts to the thread, or will it only notify me when someone replies to my posts (which is what I'm used to)?[/quote]
    If you choose the option in email notifications that says "Immediate email notification", you get an email for every post in a thread you have participated in. It's already beginning to overwhelm me in emails. "Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox" apparently. As far as I can see there is no way to get what I used to get from the old Lounge, which was just emails for replies to my own posts, which I'm sorry about. On the other hand, the new Lounge does have some improved features that I like a lot too.

Ian

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='761237' date='24-Feb-2009 20:20']Click Controls in the "menu bar".
    Under Options on the left hand side, click Email Settings.
    Tick the check box "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?"
    Finally, click "Amend my email settings".[/quote]
    Well I am not getting email notifications again and all my settings seem to be correct. Any solutions.
    H Lewton

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll ask our support admins.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='hlewton' post='779683' date='13-Jun-2009 19:34']Well I am not getting email notifications again and all my settings seem to be correct. Any solutions.[/quote]
    Please go to your Controls and click View Topics under the heading Subscriptions on the left.

This will show you which threads you are subscribed to, and what type of Notification is enabled for each thread. Do you see a type of "Immediate Email Notification" against the posts where you have problems?

[attachment=84283:Email_notification.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='779720' date='13-Jun-2009 17:58']Please go to your Controls and click View Topics under the heading Subscriptions on the left.

This will show you which threads you are subscribed to, and what type of Notification is enabled for each thread. Do you see a type of "Immediate Email Notification" against the posts where you have problems?

[attachment=84283:Email_notification.png][/quote]Yes they all show Subscribed and say Immediate Email Notification. Still I am not getting the notifications. I used to but since the new software here in the Lounge the notifications have been few and far between.

Thanks.
    H Lewton

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='hlewton' post='779732' date='13-Jun-2009 20:18']Yes they all show Subscribed and say Immediate Email Notification. Still I am not getting the notifications. I used to but since the new software here in the Lounge the notifications have been few and far between.

Thanks.[/quote]OK now something very, very strange happened. Hours after some of the replies and minutes after another all the email notifications showed up in my email. Also on another subject that I have going when I clicked a link in the last email notification I did not have to re log in to this place as I do if I just try coming here normally.
    H Lewton

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='hlewton' post='779736' date='14-Jun-2009 02:26']Also on another subject that I have going when I clicked a link in the last email notification I did not have to re log in to this place as I do if I just try coming here normally.[/quote]
    That can be explained in the light of your other recent topic Not Remembering Me. The links in the notification use the correct syntax for the new Lounge software. The shortcuts that you normally used, pointed to the old Lounge address, and were redirected to the login page regardless of whether you were already logged in or not (in fact, you were).

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='779742' date='13-Jun-2009 20:48']That can be explained in the light of your other recent topic Not Remembering Me. The links in the notification use the correct syntax for the new Lounge software. The shortcuts that you normally used, pointed to the old Lounge address, and were redirected to the login page regardless of whether you were already logged in or not (in fact, you were).[/quote]Thanks for the explanation
    H Lewton