2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Isn't there a way to get Windows Explorer to load the "Folders" tree by default in the left hand pane instead of "File and Folder", "Other places", and "Details"?

Also, I have an HP Officejet that uses a wireless print server. 25% of the time when the HP software loads at startup (system tray) it errors out. If I reboot usually it works. I'm wondering if the Officejet software is trying to load before I have a wireless connection. Isn't there a way to change the order that these programs load? Any other help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can create a shortcut with a target like this:

explorer.exe /e, C:

/e tells explorer to display the folder tree, and C: is the start folder.

I can't help you with your printer question, sorry.

Thanks
    [quote name='jmnees' post='761255' date='25-Feb-09 00:53']Isn't there a way to get Windows Explorer to load the "Folders" tree by default in the left hand pane instead of "File and Folder", "Other places", and "Details"?[/quote]
    There is an alternative approach to the one suggested by Hans, and that is to change the default action for a folder. In any Windows explorer window, go to Tools - Folder options and the File Types tab, click Advanced, and change the default action for folders to Explore, as shown. The you get the folders tree view that you want by default whenever you double click any folder. You can still get the other view if you occasionally want it by right clicking then choosing Open instead of Explore.

Ian
    [attachment=82357:Explore_folders.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks for the reply...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='jmnees' post='761255' date='24-Feb-09 18:53'][/quote]

The HP wireless software could be loading before the network is fully operational. You can investigate the free Startup Delayer at r2 Studios - Software to control the startup order and timing.

Joe
    Joe