Thread: Importing text

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I refer to my previous post that for some reason has been locked.

I have a spreadsheet that I import txt file data into. I also have a pivot table in another tab - this works well.

However the problem I'm having is, I need to delete the txt file data from the spreadsheet (as I want to use spreadsheet as a template) for use at another locations, but when I delete the data from the spreadsheet I can't import new data as the "from text" option is grayed out. I have tried removing the files using the connections option, but that does not help either.

I hope this make sense - Any suggestions?

Jan Karel Pieterse replied with the following advise "I think you need to leave at least one row intact. Maybe just the header row. "

I did try that and it will let me import from a file, but I need to import from numerous txt files and the cells below the imported txt still have the "from text" button grayed out.

Any other suggestions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='verada' post='761328' date='25-Feb-09 06:46']I refer to my previous post that for some reason has been locked.[/quote]

I could not see any reason that Post 760648 had been locked, so I have opened it again. I guess something strange may have happened during the data migration from the old lounge.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Stuart