5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Received the Daily Archives last night and noticed what I think are a couple of glitches.

Sample 1: Mixed messages (As reflected in the Lounge Matters forum)
    -------------------------------------------

Topic: 'The Old Clunker' (Bob Archell -- 23-Feb-09 15:57) ............................................

Best of luck in the move to the new Lounge... and don't be working around the clock to fine tune the conversion. We can wait!!! Very Cool Stuart, thank you. I can now use my regular log-in

My only regret now is that I have that 'extra' login that probably will never be used again <sigh>.

Oh well, growing pains

The above shown message is actually two messages which became grouped as one.
    The part that begins with "Very Cool Stuart..." belongs to another thread.

Sample 2: Missing message (Also reflected in the Lounge Matters forum)

Topic: Daily Archives (jscher2000 -- 24-Feb-09 18:03) ............................................

QUOTE (bigaldoc @ 24-Feb-09 08:47) Hmmm, unless I'm misunderstanding your topic, the old Lounge "Favorite Forums" (or what was called your Control Panel in old Lounge parlance) WAS in fact carried forward to the new Lounge. I had more than 20 of them and they're all here, as you pointed out, in my new Lounge Profile under Forum Subscriptions.

-----------------------------

Our profiles have our Favorite Forums lists, but it was possible to subscribe to the digest for a forum even if it wasn't on your favorites list. That separate subscription data seems to have slipped through the cracks.

The above Sample 2 message is one of three in the thread. The 1st message in the thread (from me) and the 2nd message of the thread (from BigAl) were not in the Daily Archive. It is possible that I might have caused the messages to be missing because I had earlier flagged all messages on the Lounge as "Read". In the "old" Lounge, I would have received such messages.

Text vs HTML
    The Daily Archives are being received in text mode... not HTML. As a result, there is a lot of garbled text and the messages are hard to read. So, the question becomes, can the Daily Archives be received in HTML?
    Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for reporting these problems, that will be useful for finding solutions.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In addition to the problems Bob pointed out, the subject line of the messages themselves are all identical: "Your daily new topics digest ( Woody's Lounge )". I now have 5 identical-seeming messages in my email inbox. It's only upon opening the messages that I can tell which digest it is.

I used to automatically filter the daily digest into separate folders for archiving purposes, but that doesn't work when I can't differentiate the forums from the subject line.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='761699' date='25-Feb-09 17:28']In addition to the problems Bob pointed out, the subject line of the messages themselves are all identical: "Your daily new topics digest ( Woody's Lounge )". I now have 5 identical-seeming messages in my email inbox. It's only upon opening the messages that I can tell which digest it is.

I used to automatically filter the daily digest into separate folders for archiving purposes, but that doesn't work when I can't differentiate the forums from the subject line.[/quote]
    I would like to second what Samatha wrote.

I get a few daily subscription updates and I sometimes read them later in the week. I have an outlook rule that saves them to a folder as the name of the forum so they are filed away by topic (Excel, Word, etc.). If the Subject line could read like it used to like: Daily Archive of Excel my outlook rules will work properly again and us members will be able to tell which e-mail came from which forum.

I don't know if others do something similar but I hope this can be done.

I still love the speed of the new forum. Great job guys!!!!
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='761699' date='25-Feb-09 20:28']I used to automatically filter the daily digest into separate folders for archiving purposes, but that doesn't work when I can't differentiate the forums from the subject line.[/quote]
    Hi Samantha,
    I use Outlook 2007 and its filters allow the filtering on Subject or Body. Perhaps your app has a similar feature. I had changed my filters to look for "Woody" based on the new Lounge Titles and everything was flowing into one folder... as expected. Then today, an ad from Amazon went into the same folder and I was surprised because the Subject didn't contain the appropriate word(s). The ad was for one of Woody's books and the name was not in the Subject line. I checked my Rules and Alerts and there it was!
    So, perhaps you can isolate the daily mail if your filter allows scanning the body of the text.
    [attachment=82464:Body.gif]

Cheers, Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Bob

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bob Archell' post='762158' date='27-Feb-09 04:13']Hi Samantha,
    I use Outlook 2007 and its filters allow the filtering on Subject or Body. Perhaps your app has a similar feature. I had changed my filters to look for "Woody" based on the new Lounge Titles and everything was flowing into one folder... as expected. Then today, an ad from Amazon went into the same folder and I was surprised because the Subject didn't contain the appropriate word(s). The ad was for one of Woody's books and the name was not in the Subject line. I checked my Rules and Alerts and there it was!
    So, perhaps you can isolate the daily mail if your filter allows scanning the body of the text.[/quote]
    Bob, my filters do allow for scanning the body of the message; however, I purposefully avoided that method. A good example of why that method won't work for my purposes can be seen from Post 762185 in the Word forum. It's title reads: "Copy and Paste issue between Word and Excel." Since the body of tomorrow's Word Daily digest would contain both "Word" and "Excel", there's a good chance it would end up in the Excel folder. This kind of cross-referencing occurs quite frequently, and it would take more work to sort out than manually moving the emails to their proper folder in the first place.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On further investigation, I have discovered how to filter the messages into their proper folders, but it involves a two-stage process. I first filter by sender: loungeadmin@wopr.com and then by text string "Forum: X" in the body of the message, where X is the name of the subscribed forum.

For my purposes, I prefer to read my messages from my inbox and then apply the filters, so this doesn't resolve the problem of knowing which forum each message refers to without opening it (some days I just don't have time to read all the digests), but I will be able to archive them properly without manually moving each message.
    Samantha

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='762261' date='27-Feb-09 11:29']On further investigation, I have discovered how to filter the messages into their proper folders, but it involves a two-stage process. I first filter by sender: loungeadmin@wopr.com and then by text string "Forum: X" in the body of the message, where X is the name of the subscribed forum.[/quote]
    Does your reader not allow just the single filter? For example in Outlook 2007, I just check for the "Forum: X..." in the body of the message and send it directly to its assigned folder.
    [attachment=82508:L1.gif]

[attachment=82509:L2.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Bob

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bob Archell' post='762467' date='28-Feb-09 11:16']Does your reader not allow just the single filter? For example in Outlook 2007, I just check for the "Forum: X..." in the body of the message and send it directly to its assigned folder.[/quote]
    Yes, I could go with just a single filter, but I prefer the belt & suspenders approach. There is an outside possibility that the text string I'm filtering for could appear in a message that's not from Woody's lounge. By filtering both by sender and text string, I can cut down on the chances of false positives. Look at it like a boolean search. I prefer the more restrictive AND search, so long as it returns the information I'm looking for.
    Samantha

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='762474' date='28-Feb-09 14:46']Yes, I could go with just a single filter, but I prefer the belt & suspenders approach.[/quote]
    Understood. If my single filter introduces the false positive concept I'll go back to dual filters.
    Regards,
    Bob