2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Visio Professional 2003

I add a box from the Org Chart shape library, drop it onto an existing box and it places it below adding a connector. So far, so good. Now I drag the dynamic connector from the same shape library and try to connect from the bottom of the new box to the top of another existing box below it. The connector between the new box and the box above it disappears leaving only the one I just added. I drag another connector from the shape library and attempt to reconnect the new box to the one above it and the one I added below it disappears. Apparently I can only have one connector coming out of the new box but this doesn't make sense because I've got other boxes with connectors coming in and going out.

What's happening? I'm confused.

Thanks,
    Chris DeWitt
    Thanks,

C DeWitt

New Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Chris,

Doea it make any difference if you add another connection point to your shape, to then attach your second connector to?

Peter

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The Org Chart shapes are exceptionally tricky objects with a single connector associated with each one. That connector automatically appears when you drop a shape on top of an existing shape. Each connector you see belongs to the bottom box, not the top box. If you drag additional connectors from a stencil and attach them to boxes Visio replaces the existing connector of the bottom box with the new one.

The basic principle is that a position can only report to a single position (you can't have two bosses). I can understand this but it does become a pain at times when we have dotted line connections or something else out of the ordinary. The only way I have found to do this when using the org chart shapes is to put connectors into position WITHOUT snapping to the connection points
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia