Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using Outlook 2007, and just started using the Tasks component. I entered about 100 tasks yesterday and today I look at them and (I have "None" for posting date and due dates originally) some of the dates have changed from "none" to 4/30/2862. Very bizarre - I'll probably be dead by that date.

Any idea of what is going on?

Any way to correct the matter and preventing it happening in the future?

Thanks so much for the help!

Ron Taylor

Thanks
    [quote name='RonT' post='761555' date='25-Feb-09 12:41']Using Outlook 2007, and just started using the Tasks component. I entered about 100 tasks yesterday and today I look at them and (I have "None" for posting date and due dates originally) some of the dates have changed from "none" to 4/30/2862. ... Any way to correct the matter and preventing it happening in the future?[/quote]
    I haven't set up any tasks in Outlook 2007, so I've never peeked under the covers to try to figure out exactly what it's doing. In other words, I have no personal knowledge.

Generally speaking, many programs store "no date" as a particular date. The software then recognizes the "no date" date and displays None. This allows the convenient use of a single database field for both types of records.

In Outlook, date and time glitches sometimes are due to synchronizing with non-Windows mobile devices, especially around time zone changes and Daylight Savings Time. Shifting by even an hour might confuse the software into thinking that it is a "real" date/time rather than the "no date" value.