3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So I added a whole slew of technical terms and acronyms to my custom dictionary, and imported it into Word so that I have the default and my custom one. I am finding that ordinary words, such as "case," are being flagged green in Word with the suggestion that "ase" be capitalized. This is because I added "ASE" as a technical name in my custom dictionary. My question is this-- why is Word prompting me with suggestions such as these when it has "case" in its own regular dictionary? I added frequently-used technical terms precisely to minimize instances of flagged words, not increase them. Any suggestions? I added "case" to my own custom dictionary, in the hopes that Word would stop flagging "ase," but to no avail. Of course, having to add regular words like this would be a pain in the rear. Thanks.

Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='761590' date='25-Feb-09 13:47']... I am finding that ordinary words, such as "case," are being flagged green in Word with the suggestion that "ase" be capitalized. ...[/quote]
    I think the green, grammar-related squigglies are much less useful than the red, spelling-related ones. You can turn them off if on balance they are more annoying than helpful, and still keep the spelling suggestions. (At least you can do this in Word 2000-2003, so I assume you can do it in 2007.)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What is setting in Word 2000-2003 that turns them off?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='761840' date='26-Feb-09 15:23']What is setting in Word 2000-2003 that turns them off?[/quote]
    Tools > Options > Spelling and Grammar > Check Grammar as you type.

[attachment=82435:Grammar.GIF]
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I need to keep this on because I do so much editing.

Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='761856' date='26-Feb-09 08:25']Thanks. I need to keep this on because I do so much editing.[/quote]
    I don't know whether Microsoft lets you customize how its grammar-checker works. You might find some articles on Microsoft.com or some relevant posts on its new forums. Google is the easiest way to find stuff there, add site:microsoft.com after your other search keywords.