New Lounger
    Thanks
    I need to total fields within a roster. The shifts will vary and they will either have an "a", "A", "b" or "B". I need to total these amounts against the equivalent shift i.e. 8 (for an 0800 start), 1300 (for a 1300 start) etc.

I used to be able to use the count feature as I just used the numeric but now we are making up teams "A" and "a" and "B" and "b".

I have attached a copy of one roster page. Looked at the SUM array but it will only return criteria that matches all. DCOUNTA but not sure if this is what I am after. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In cell B60, you can use =COUNTIF(B$4:B$56,$A60&"*")
    Fill down, then right or right, then down.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks HansV - something so simple. Was thinking too hard when an easy option was there. Very much appreciated. Jac

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans

Need to now add the total shifts by a particular doctor by the shift i.e. 7, 7a, 7A, 8, 1300 etc. I assume I need to use the 3D function as I have fortnightly rosters. I now have some shifts that are 7 or 7a. Do I use the Sum array on grouped sheets? I need to find out how many of each shift type each doctor has done to give me total. I can't use the Countif in an array.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jacquir' post='764283' date='09-Mar-2009 06:54']Hi Hans

Need to now add the total shifts by a particular doctor by the shift i.e. 7, 7a, 7A, 8, 1300 etc. I assume I need to use the 3D function as I have fortnightly rosters. I now have some shifts that are 7 or 7a. Do I use the Sum array on grouped sheets? I need to find out how many of each shift type each doctor has done to give me total. I can't use the Countif in an array.[/quote]
    See here for 3D functions that perform a Countif or Sumif over several sheets.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for link but way beyond me...Jacqui

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jacquir' post='764530' date='10-Mar-2009 06:38']Thanks for link but way beyond me...Jacqui[/quote]
    You don't have to understand the code, you can simply copy it into a module, and use it in formulas.