Thread: Code

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used the SendObject macro and On Click procedure several times in my database. That has worked out so far but now they would like me to send an email notification if a combo box has "Accept" in it. Will you please tell me how to write the, I believe it would be a module that would say, if cboStatus = Accept then run mQuoteAccepted?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Let's say you have a command button cmdSend. The On Click event procedure could look like this:
    Code:
    Private Sub cmdSend_Click()
      If Me.cboStatus = "Accept" Then
    	DoCmd.RunMacro "mQuoteAccepted"
      End If
    End Sub

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can rework the form if I need to but I want to double check...Do I need to add a button to the form? It is currently set up as a datasheet? I was hoping to run the macro anytime the text in the combo box says "Accept."

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Theresa01' post='761925' date='26-Feb-09 20:17']I can rework the form if I need to but I want to double check...Do I need to add a button to the form? It is currently set up as a datasheet? I was hoping to run the macro anytime the text in the combo box says "Accept."[/quote]
    You could use the After Update event of the combo box instead, you wouldn't need a button. Simply replace the first line of the code with

Private Sub cboStatus_AfterUpdate()

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Hans.